Grad Dip Psych; B.Sc.(Hons)(1st class); MPsych (Ed & Dev)
Diana Maggs is an experienced Psychologist. She holds a Master of Educational and Developmental Psychology and is a member of the Australian Psychological Society (MAPS)
Diana has experience working in a number of different settings with a variety of client populations, including in private practice and school settings.
Client Support Issues that Diana Can Assist With
Diana’s interests are in working with children, adolescents (and their families) and adults using a collaborative and solutions-based approach to overcome and remove barriers and help each person reach their full potential.
Support issues that Diana can assist with include:
- Anxiety disorders
- Depression and mood disorders
- Sleep difficulties
- Behaviour management and parenting issues
- School refusal
- Social skill development
- Attention disorders and their management
- Learning disorders and their management
Evidence-based Counselling Interventions Offered
Diana uses a range of different evidence-based tools to provide the optimal outcomes for her clients, including CBT, ACT, and Mindfulness based interventions. She utilises play based therapy to connect with younger children.
Diana is passionate about staying up-to-date with the latest research and methods and is fully qualified to provide detailed academic, cognitive and behavioural assessments.
Diana provides screening, assessment, diagnosis and treatment of developmental disorders, such as Intellectual Disability, Autism Spectrum and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity.
Full Psychoeducational Assessment involves:
- Developmental History 50 min session
- Full Intellectual Assessment (2 hour)
- Education Assessments (2 hour)
- Auditory processing and additional cognitive assessment (2 – 4 hour sessions depending on need)
- Behavioural Assessments as needed (Inc. BASC III, BRIEFfor teacher, parent and self-report)
- Cross Battery Analysis of all Cognitive Areas (Inc. Long Term Memory and Auditory Processing)
- Report with summary and recommendations
- Report feedback session with parents (50 min)
Diana is currently accepting new clients. Please contact us if you would like to book in with Diana or fill in our contact form below.