This 6-week course will help you to:
- Gain greater insight into your patterns of thinking, feeling and behaving.
- Learn how to cultivate compassion for yourself – physically, mentally and emotionally.
- Learn how to respond effectively to your inner critic and reduce self-judgment.
- Learn how to be kind to yourself during times of suffering, when you need it the most.
- Learn how to foster self-acceptance and befriend your imperfections.
- Learn how to connect authentically with others.
- Learn the skills to help you embrace difficult emotions and build resilience.
- Learn practical skills in self-care and enhance your overall wellbeing
The content of the group will draw on a range of different evidence-based therapeutic interventions, including Cognitive and Behavioural interventions (CBT), Compassion Focused interventions (CFT) and Mindful Self-Compassion interventions (MSC). It will include a mix of instructive teaching and coursework, practical exercises, guided meditations and guided imagery and group discussion.
Eligibility: This group has been developed for females aged between 18 to 30 years.
Location: Suite 1B, 307 Wattletree Road, Malvern East.
Dates: Next group commencing 20th August 2018
Time: 7pm-8.30pm on Monday evenings.
Group Facilitator: Kerry Athanasiadis (Psychologist, MAPS)
Cost: $65* per session (total: $390). Includes a group manual and recordings of all the practices.
Bookings: For further information or to book your place, please contact Kerry Athanasiadis on 0438 939 995 or contact Wattletree Psychology on 9500 0455.
*You may be eligible for Medicare rebates for each session you attend if you have a valid Mental Health Treatment Plan for groups from your GP.