Welcome to Be You Psychology & Counselling, a psychology and counselling practice in the eastern suburb of Camberwell.
Who Am I?
I am Kerry Athanasiadis. I am a Registered Psychologist and a Member of the Australian Psychological Society (MAPS). I started this practice in 2016 after already working in private practice for several years.
What are our goals and intentions?
Be You Psychology & Counselling was born out of the belief that it takes courage and strength to be who you really are! Our goal is to help you find and embrace your authentic self.
It is therefore our intention to provide you with unconditional positive regard, validation and acceptance, without judgment. We believe these counselling values are the fundamental foundation for creating meaningful and long-lasting change in your life.
How can we help you?
We will help you to see that your symptoms are not who you are, they are what you’re experiencing.
- We will empower you to bring a greater sense of acceptance to yourself which, in turn, will lead to creating change in the way you feel.
- We will help you to change the way you think which, in turn, will help you to see things from a different perspective.
- We will help you to write a new story about yourself or the world.
- We will help you to change unhelpful behaviours and replace them with more adaptive ones.
- We will accept you for who you are, without judgment.
- We will tailor a therapy plan to suit your specific needs rather than applying one approach to everyone.
We have varied experience working with a lot of different client populations and in a lot of different settings. For more information about us, our qualifications, the counselling interventions we utilise or the specific client populations we work with, please read our bio pages: