Group therapy can be a helpful adjunct to your individual therapy and an opportunity to learn new skills in a supportive and safe environment.
We offer group therapy to help you improve your mood, reduce your anxiety and improve your self-esteem.
Embrace Yourself is a 6-week course that will help you to:
- Gain greater insight into your patterns of thinking, feeling and behaving.
- Learn how to cultivate compassion for yourself – physically, mentally and emotionally.
- Learn how to respond effectively to your inner critic and reduce self-judgment.
- Learn how to be kind to yourself during times of suffering, when you need it the most.
- Learn how to foster self-acceptance and befriend your imperfections.
- Learn how to connect authentically with others.
- Learn the skills to help you embrace difficult emotions and build resilience.
- Learn practical skills in self-care and enhance your overall wellbeing
The content of the group will draw on a range of different evidence-based therapeutic interventions, including Cognitive and Behavioural interventions (CBT), Compassion Focused interventions (CFT) and Mindful Self-Compassion interventions (MSC). It will include a mix of instructive teaching and coursework, practical exercises, guided meditations and guided imagery and group discussion.
Eligibility: This group has been developed for young females aged over 18.
Location: Suite 1B, 307 Wattletree Road, Malvern East.
Dates: Our next group is on hold due to COVID-19.
Group Facilitators: Kerry Athanasiadis (Psychologist, MAPS) and Michal Klein (Psychologist, MAPS)
Cost: Total price is $400, which includes a group manual and mp3 recordings of all the practices.
Bookings: For further information or to book into Group Therapy with Kerry, please contact us on 0438 939 995 or contact Wattletree Psychology on 9500 0455.
*You may be eligible for Medicare rebates for each session you attend if you have a valid Mental Health Treatment Plan for groups from your GP.