Group therapy can be a helpful adjunct to your individual therapy and an opportunity to learn new skills in a supportive and safe environment.
We offer group therapy to help you improve your mood, reduce your anxiety and improve your self-esteem.
Embrace Yourself is a 6-week course that will help you to:
- Gain greater insight into your patterns of thinking, feeling and behaving.
- Learn how to cultivate compassion for yourself – physically, mentally and emotionally.
- Learn how to respond effectively to your inner critic and reduce self-judgment.
- Learn how to be kind to yourself during times of suffering, when you need it the most.
- Learn how to foster self-acceptance and befriend your imperfections.
- Learn how to connect authentically with others.
- Learn the skills to help you embrace difficult emotions and build resilience.
- Learn practical skills in self-care and enhance your overall wellbeing
The content of the group will draw on a range of different evidence-based therapeutic interventions, including Cognitive and Behavioural interventions (CBT), Compassion Focused interventions (CFT) and Mindful Self-Compassion interventions (MSC). It will include a mix of instructive teaching and coursework, practical exercises, guided meditations and guided imagery and group discussion.
Eligibility: This group has been developed for young females aged 18-35. It is most suitable to those who have already been through a course of individual therapy and are looking to maintain, deepen or expand their knowledge and skills. This group is not suitable for treating personality disorders, developing social skills or for severe social anxiety (we are happy to discuss some alternative programs with you which may be more suitable)
Location: Wattletree Psychology, East Malvern.
Dates: Next intake 2023.
Group Facilitators: Kerry Athanasiadis (Psychologist) and Michal Klein (Psychologist)
Total cost: TBA
Bookings: For further information or to book into Group Therapy with Kerry, please contact us on 0438 939 995.
*You may be eligible for Medicare rebates of $22.55 for each session you attend if you have a valid Mental Health Treatment Plan for groups from your GP.